Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Year, Amongst Other Things

Today is my last day in the class that I am typing in right now. Luckily, we get a break and it is a free Thursday or whatever it is going to be called. I am going to update this all now. We get a prize and certificate and treats!
Yesterday we went to a care center to make cookies. This is what happened: we get to the place the address tells us to go to and we go in there. The lady tells us that there activities manager or whatever the person is called, and says that there isn’t any activity about frosting cookies with the elderly. It is probably up at Kolob, she said. So we go up there and they say that it isn’t them, unless we have cookies to frost for them. We wait for half an hour, then the president comes and says the only way we can get in is if we sing for the old people. So we go in and sing, but we can’t frost cookies for them because they are about to eat dinner. We have to go outside in the freezing cold to frost cookies. Then we finish, ask the lady if we can go in and wash our hands, and she says no. So an hour wasted for five minutes service. And I didn’t even have my jacket. That’s Christmas for you!
I am so dang excited for Christmas and Christmas break. It starts tomorrow (well, actually it starts on Monday morning) at exactly 2:39. And then I get to go up north on Saturday. And finally make my igloo. I just can’t wait. Tonight I have a Christmas party to go to, and then my last day for the semester, and I will be done until next year.
I didn’t even consider the next year, 2011. I have some great lines to say at 12:01 on January first. Here is my awesome list. Have fun with it and tell everyone these:
• I haven’t ate since last year!
• You stink! Go take a shower. Bet you haven’t since last year!
• I haven’t slept since last year!
• I haven’t seen you since last year! It’s so good to see you!
• I haven’t went to the bathroom since last year! I gotta go!
Anyway, those are just a few of my own, so have fun coming up with more. They are quite amusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment